In this conversation with Jessica you'll hear:
- Why being embodied beings should impact how we approach our work
- The nature of oppression on our bodies and those around us
- Practical examples you can adopt in your office
- The importance of support mechanisms for our health and wellbeing
- The impact of oppression on wellbeing
- Some of the ways in which AWDF (where Jessica works currently) are addressing this
- Why we should question the constant framing of African women as 'resilient'.
Find Jessica on LinkedIn. Follow her on Twitter and check out her website at www.stillsherises.com
Jessica is also the author of the Cutting Edge Pack on Gender and Social Movements (BRIDGE/ Institute for Development Studies), which explores the potential and challenges for popular mobilisation in support of progressive, pro-women’s rights visions.
Her poetry pamphlet Speaking in Tongues is included in the Mouthmark Book of Poetry.
She most recently worked as Senior Advisor to AIR and currently works as Director of Programmes at the African Women’s Development Fund in Accra, Ghana.