In this conversation with Jessica you'll hear:
- Why being embodied beings should impact how we approach our work
- The nature of oppression on our bodies and those around us
- Practical examples you can adopt in your office
- The importance of support mechanisms for our health and wellbeing
- The impact of oppression on wellbeing
- Some of the ways in which AWDF (where Jessica works currently) are addressing this
- Why we should question the constant framing of African women as 'resilient'.
Jessica is also the author of the Cutting Edge Pack on Gender and Social Movements (BRIDGE/ Institute for Development Studies), which explores the potential and challenges for popular mobilisation in support of progressive, pro-women’s rights visions.
Her poetry pamphlet Speaking in Tongues is included in the Mouthmark Book of Poetry.