Healing Solidarity: Re-Imagining International Development & Embodying Change
Downloadable MP3 audio and MP4 video files for all of the 2018 & 2019 talks plus expanded workbooks & transcripts of all the talks for individual use. 45 Recordings in all.
- Mary Ann Clements - Welcome to the Conference (2018)
- Jennifer Lentfer - Topics include: bringing our hearts, acknowledging harm, staying hopeful
- Jessica Horn - Topics include: well-being, vicarious trauma, feminist approaches
- Judithe Registre - Topics include: race in development, Haiti, whose stories we are listening too?
- Fredrick Ouko - Topics include: partnership, funding, philanthropy and relationships
- Recording of live practice with Mary Ann Clements: Bringing our Hearts to our Work
- Swatee Deepak - Topics include: philanthropy, flexible funding, well-being & self-care
- Gemma Houldey - Topics include: stress, well-being & the idea of the 'perfect humanitarian'
- Pontso Mafethe - Topics include: funding, feminism, power & the idea of the 'happy native'
- Tina Wallace - Topics include: corporatisation & projectisation, challenging power and finding alternatives
- Recording of live practice with Agnes Otzelberger: 'Just Like Me' a practice to take action against our tendency towards 'Othering'
- Recording of live Practice with Shawna Wakefield, Gender justice advocate, feminist leadership and org change consultant & trauma-informed yoga teacher
- Ruby, Nadia & Deepa from FRIDA - Topics include: funding grassroots initiatives, feminist approaches & self-care
- Kate Werning - Topics include: burnout, healing, questioning constant urgency & taking the long-view
- Eunice Baguma Ball - Topics include: innovation, entrepreneurship, technology & philanthropy
- Tobias Denskus - Topics include: participation, development communications & de-colonisation
- Recording of live practice with Mary Ann Clements: Exploring Anger
- Recording of live Practice with Kate Werning, Organiser and Creator and Host of Healing Justice Podcast
- Nomvula Dlamini - Topics include: community-led development, humanising our processes and cultures in organisations
- Deborah Doane - Topics include: power imbalances, inequitable decision-making, #AidToo & doing things differently
- Marion Osieyo - Topics include: the importance of relationships to addressing inequity and why it is OK not to know.
- Recording of live practice with Sally-Anne Airey 'A Mindful Pause'
- Recording of live practice with Agnes Otzelberger 'Exploring Your Money Story'
- Angela Bruce Raeburn - Topics include: race & development, the absence of an ethic of care and the need for our organisations to be more representative
- Wanja Muguongo - Topics include: peer-led funding mechanisms, philanthropy, movements and more equitable decision making
- Lisa VeneKlasen - Topics include: feminism, power, patriarchy, capitalism, racism and 'cowboy' tendencies in INGOs
- Recording of live Closing Session with Mary Ann Clements & Lisa VeneKlasen
2019: Embodying Change
- Welcome to the Conference - Mary Ann Clements (2019)
- Edgar Villanueva with Pontso Mafethe
- Women of Colour speak about Racism in Philanthropy - Pontso Mafethe & Swatee Deepak with Bonnie Chiu, Mitali Sen, Stephanie Yawa De Wolfe & Zohra Moosa
- Neha Kagal & Marai Larasi with Pontso Mafethe
- Racism, Equity and Care - What can white people do? - Recording of live event with Mary Ann Clements, Jennifer Lentfer & Alex Martins
- Solomé Lemma - Executive Director, Thousand Currents
- Lori Michau & Natsnet Ghebrebrhan - Raising Voices
- Danny Sriskandarajah - Chief Executive, Oxfam GB
- Care & Compassion in our work - Recording of a live event with Gozel Baltaeva, Nurhaida Rahim, Mary Ann Clements and Melissa Pittoti at 1 pm GMT
- Faye Ekong, RavelWorks Africa
- Lorriann Robinson, Founder & Director, The Advocacy Team
- Shawna Wakefield - Independent Consultant and Associate with Gender at Work
- Pathways to Power Follow Up - Recording of a live event with Mary Ann Clements and Jenny Hodgson & Nana Afadzinu
- Mary Jane N. Real - Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights, Asia & Pacific (UAF A&P)
- Pip Bennett- Feminist Mother and Youth Worker
- Hitendra Solanki- Mindfulness & Wellbeing Adviser
- Development is Dignity….or it is nothing. Recording of a live event - Mary Ann Clements in Conversation with Jonathan Glennie
- Embodying Change live conference wrap-up event with Mary Ann Clements and Swatee Deepak.